Beauty Without Fuss

Sunday 19 May 2013

Pink Grapefruit Sugar Cookie Recipe



I don't bake very often, but I've been sitting on this recipe for a while now, and today I just had to get my bake on! I got inundated with requests for the recipe when I posted the pics on Instagram, so I thought the best way to get the recipe out was a blog post.  Normal makeup-based service will resume soon, I promise...

Ingredients:

300 grams granulated sugar
114 grams butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pink grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon pink grapefruit zest
256 grams plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
half teaspoon ground cinnamon
quarter teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of salt

Sugar for dusting

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, 180 celsius, or gas mark 4

Cream the butter and the sugar together, then add the egg, vanilla, juice and zest, and mix thoroughly.

Sift together the flour, spices, baking powder and salt, then mix into the wet ingredients, and mix till you have a soft, sticky dough.

Place tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a lined baking sheet, approximately two inches apart (cookies will spread a great deal), and sprinkle the tops with a little sugar, then bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, removing from the oven once slightly golden, and the edges have set.

Cool on a rack. Makes about 24 cookies.

You get a very crisp cookie with a slightly soft centre, and just a hint of zingy grapefruit.   Enjoy!

This post: Pink Grapefruit Sugar Cookie Recipe originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig