Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Top Three: Illamasqua Lipsticks Box, Magnetism & Salacious



I love a bit of lipstick.  Some of you might have noticed.  I also love a bit of Illamasqua, so I thought I'd show you my top three Illamasqua shades.

Step forward Box, Magnetism and Salacious:


Box is a classic blue red, Magnetism is a cool raspberry, and Salacious is a beautiful pink-red. Here's a closer look:


Whilst I adore these colours, I'm not always a fan of the Illamasqua lipstick textures, to be honest.  These three all have different textures, Box is a very dry texture that can drag on your lips somewhat, Salacious is extremely pigmented, much more so than the other two, but is a bit creamier than Box.  I think Magnetism has by far the best formula of the three, it has a good slip, and a slight sheen, and is a bit less drying on the lips as a result.  

Artificial Light

Natural daylight.

Texture, and formula, issues aside, I do genuinely love these shades.  Salacious was the first Illamasqua lipstick I ever bought and I love the colour, is it pink? Is it red?  Well, depending on what you wear with it, it can appear either colour, that's why I like it.  Box is a classic red that no makeup bag should be without (just make sure you use plenty of lip balm first), and Magnetism is a flattering raspberry shade, that suits almost every skintone.

What's your favourite Illamasqua lipstick?

This post:  http://getlippie.blogspot.com/2012/09/illamasqua-lipsticks-box-magnetism-salacious.html originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved. If you're not reading this on Get Lippie, then this feed has been stolen by scrapers.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig