Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 16 July 2012

Wedding Hair

Wedding update:

Done:
 
Bought the dress
Found the shoes
Printed the invitations
Re-printed the invitations owing to original venue closing down
Gone on the diet (a necessary evil, alas - if you're wondering why you haven't seen my face on the blog recently, it's because all my photos currently scream FAT)
Decided on the colour scheme (which is purple, grey and silver)
Considered strangling the person who told me that I can't eat my own wedding cake
Considered stranging the person who told me I can't have have artificial flowers in my bouquet
Got fed up with jewellers who don't reply to emails, to the extent where I'm refusing to work with an "artisan" ever again, and am regretting ever deciding to work with an independent jeweller at all.
Decided on the wedding perfume
Had the wedding perfume vetoed by the groom
Considered strangling the groom for having terrible taste in perfume
Booked the band
Made a deal with a local hotel


NOT Done:
Finalised the guest list
Sent the invitations out
Set the menu
Decided whether we're having speeches or not.
Sorted out the hen-party invitees
Decided whether I'm booking a make-up artist or not
Booked a series of facials
A million* other things.


What I have been doing instead of concentrating on things not done is got a bit obsessed with hair.  It started with a blog post from Kelly at Hair Advice & All Things Nice showing a picture of Kate Middleton's (I know, I know) braided bun recently, and since then I've been collecting pictures of updos like a woman obsessed, I've even set up a Pinterest page for them!  I don't want anything too sleek or structured, but I know I need an updo, because the wedding is in February, and I need something that won't droop or blow around if the weather is awful.  Someone pointed out that I have a very rectangular face (gee, thanks), so I need a bit of width and softness to offset this. 


For a look at my current obsessions, take a look at: http://pinterest.com/getlippie/hair-inspiration, now I just need a hairdresser who can work with my crazy hair!


* Probably.  At this moment in time, I'm actually getting a bit bored of wedding planning.  Heresy, eh?


This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

5 comments

  1. It may be a bit late, but my engagement & wedding bands are from Bicknells (an old family firm) in Birmingham's jewellery district. They really helped my husband design my engagement ring & pick out a stone. They are on the traditional side, but I'm sure they'd work with you on any design you'd like, but still be professional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psssst, wanna run away to Vegas and marry me instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to a wedding last weekend where the plan was to not have speeches and then everyone got a little bit drunk and wanted to make them which was a bit awkward as they weren't planned speeches

    In my experience the nicest bit about the speech is it gives you a chance to thank anyone who's helped and everyone for coming ... Maybe if you plan to have them but keep 'em short and sweet?

    Shame about the jewellery person as they're giving other makers a bad rep.

    Good luck with the rest of your planning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought that I would be a person who stressed over organising a wedding, I mean it's a happy occasion. However being just 6 weeks before the big day I am now a stress bucket! Our photographer cancelled just this Tuesday, I have no wedding car as a boyfriend of a friend was doing it and they have now split, and a few other issues... aaarrrggghhh
    It will be worth it on the day though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig