Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Tom Ford S/S 2012 Gold Dust Lip Lacquer and Gold Haze Nail Varnish


I am a jammy so-and-so, I freely admit it.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty tough for a variety of reasons, but, nothing lifts my spirits more than an unexpected parcel, and if said unexpected parcel contains a variety of items from the latest collection from Tom Ford, well, it's a very cheery thing for this knackered accountant indeed!

I had been pawing this latest collection of metallics in Selfridges a couple of weeks ago, but wedding economics are now LAW in the Lippie household, so I managed to restrain myself, contented my lemmings with a few swatches, and, after a bit of sighing at the unfairness of the universe, I left the pretty behind.

Right, that sorry tale over, on with the pictures!  Today I'm going to show you the lipgloss and the nail varnish, and tomorrow you'll be able to see the cream eyeshadows.


I'm not a huge fan of gold cosmetics, they don't really suit me, but I do admire a lot of gold makeup, in particular "old gold" shades, neither of these quite fit that description, but they're lovely nonetheless.

First up, Gold Haze Nail Varnish:


It appears quite a "sandy" sort of shade in the photos, but on my nails the brassy quality of the shade shines through making it a rather difficult wear for me, as it makes my skintone rather "lobster-ish".

Horrific application on crap nails, I'm very sorry
That said, it's a lovely, multi-dimensional shade, that I think will look amazing on warmer skintones than mine.


Pictures show three coats of polish, applied by a ham-fisted muppet.

Now onto the lip lacquer:



I love the rather matte effect you get from the tube, and thought this was going to be rather more opaque than it actually turned out to be:


The shade is actually a rather warmer colour than the nail varnish, something I'm trying (and failing miserably, but hey, it's good picture of my ring) to show below:


A little bit of this goes a long way, it's lightly vanilla scented, and you can't really feel the glitter on the lips, I think it'd make a great layering shade over darker lipsticks, to give them a bit of depth and dimension.


I think it's really pretty, but, in all honesty, it's not a shade I'd ever wear alone!

The Tom Ford Spring Metallics collection is available now, and the nail polish and lip lacquer both cost £25.

The Fine Print: a PR surprise, and a most welcome one.
 
This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

4 comments

  1. Not keen on the polish. Love the lip laquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the polish, I'm not a massive fan of gold in any other form but nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look pretty, but not sure I would go that far budget wise for those shades. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it didnl't I?! Derr me! Thanks love xxx and i like the polish, no idea what I was on about before! Muppet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig