Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 10 May 2012

Five Minute Face Favourites

 
I'm a big fan of quick face fixes, and these are some of my favourite products of all to use at the moment. Some days, I just can't be bothered with three or four different shades of eyeshadow, and a tonne of base products, so this is what I use when I really need to look polished in a hurry.

Base and cheeks:


Chantecaille Just Skin tinted moisturiser in Glow

Stila Convertible Colour in Lillium and
(occasionally) MAC Studio Fix foundation in NC30.

I love the Chantecaille Just Skin formulation, it's excellently pigmented, and feels like it's doing your skin good when you're wearing it.  I like that you can also build coverage with it - feel like it's too sheer?  Add a bit more.

Then a dab of cream blush, I like Lillium because it's a nice, neutral rose shade, and I find it goes with lots of looks.

Occasionally, if I need a less dewy finish, I'll add a dab of Studio Fix in NC30.  I find it great for toning down high colour, and mattifying a slightly too glowy skin.  Really needs buffing in though, if you don't want to look too powdery.

Eyes:


Tom Ford Cream Eyeshadow in Platinum
Illamasqua Liquid Liner in Havoc
Benefit They're Real mascara

The Tom Ford cream eyeshadow has very, very quickly become a staple in my handbag, and a quick smear over the eyelid with my finger very easily gives a quick, neutral and polished look to the eyes.  Illamasqua make the very, very best liquid liners on the planet, as far as I'm concerned, and Havoc is a glorious ox-blood shade that's not quite as harsh as full on black, but still has a bit of an edge.

Benefit They're Real has taken a very long time to grow on me, but it's now very much my mascara of choice.  Lengthening, separating, and it never, ever flakes, it's a very good mascara indeed.

Lips:



Dior Smoothing Lip Polish in pink and coral

I picked up these Dior smoothing lip polishes in Paris last year, and I really like them, they add a little touch of milky colour to the lips without looking too pastel, and keep my kisser in tip-tip condition during this cold, wet weather.

Swatches:


What're your favourite products at the moment?

The Fine Print: Purchases and samples all mixed up.  I'm a rebel ...

This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

5 comments

  1. All those products look gorgeous! The cream shadow, blush and liner are going on my must buy list right now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I find those quick day looks are actually the most flattering. You don't look overdone, but are definitely still put together. That TF eyeshadow looks amazing! x
    http://lipsticksunshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post - think we are all fed up at the moment and waiting for the sun to emerge! Loving Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser and Bobbi Brown Brightening powder at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now thinking I need to try the TF eyeshadows.
    Would love to see the whole look on...IYKWIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I know I'd rarely use it (since I'm such a n00b with liquid liner), I still want Illamasqua Havoc D:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig