Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 13 February 2012

Lipstick of the week


With the wind and the snow this week, I felt the need for balm, but I wasn't quite content to go the colourless route, so I dug out my collection of Lanolips.  

From left to right we have:
Lanolips Rhubarb
Lanolips Dark Honey
Lanolips Rose I love the lanolips formula, and I wear these often, even when I don't really need balm.  My favourite, in particular, is the Dark Honey as you can probably tell from the picture above ... I understand Lanolips are bringing out a collection of body products soon, and I'm looking forward to trying them.
Topshop Gloss Stick in Glisten This is a very pretty, longlasting, gloss.  It's more of a sheer lipstick than a gloss, owing to the high level of pigment.
Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Plum Wicked I daren't even tell you how old this bottle is, but it was a limited edition from a Halloween collection did a few years ago.  And, by years, I probably mean about a decade or so.  It's still good though - I bought back ups of this by the score!  It's a rollerball, and it's very handy for layering, as you'll see.
Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Frenzy This is the newest version of Just Bitten Lipstain, which has a felt tip pen at one end, and a silicone-based balm at the other to add gloss.  It's a good product, but I doubt I'll still have this one in a few years, the pen will have dried out ...


Swatches:


Swatched in the same order, but at the end I've layered Wicked Plum over Frenzy, to deepen the red - Frenzy can look a little fuschsia on my lips if I'm not careful, and I wanted a deep, deep, longlasting red on Saturday to last me through my panel appearance at TOWIB - it did the trick!

What've you been wearing?  Here's a little teaser of just some of the stuff that's coming up later this week ...



 

This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

1 comment

  1. At the moment, I've rekindled my love affair with MAC Russian Red. Usually on top of YSL's Top Secrets Lip balm. For just a hint of colour, I'm loving an old favourite gloss from Face Atelier called Peach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig