Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 16 February 2012

Dior Skinflash Comparison - Shades - 001 and 002


I've somehow acquired two Dior Skinflash highlighters, in shades 001 and 002, and I thought it would be interesting to see them side by side.

Both housed in the signature silver with navy livery, Skinflash is a brush-pen style highlighter of the type that is commonly sold as a "concealer" by department store sales assistants.  What they actually do is spread reflective particles over the skin which bounce light off a particular area, diminishing the eyes' ability to see imperfections. That said, they're better used to draw light to areas in the same way you'd use a highlighter - on cheekbones, browbones etc - than use them to disguise dark circles and the like, because coverage can be very sheer, and the reflection effect can actually draw attention to the areas you're trying to hide, if you apply with too heavy a hand.  

Recall the "reverse panda" effect?


Yeah, don't apply too much, or that's you that is.

 Anyway, where was I?  Oh yes, there are two shades of Dior Skinflash:

L - 001 & R - 002
 As you can see from the above, 001 is more pink, and 002 has a more yellow cast, hopefully meaning that both cool and warm tones can use the products.  Here's how they look swatched heavily on skin:

L 002 - R 001 I'm a doofus and reversed the image - sorry!

 Swatched heavily, you can see the 001 (towards the bottom of the pic) looks a little more chalky on my neutral-toned skin, but the 002 (at the top), melts away a little more.  I'll be honest, I used 001 as an under eye concealer last week, and the pink tones did nothing to disguise anything, probably just made me look more knackered, if I'm being honest!

Blended, the differences are less apparent in this picture, but next time I use Skinflash, I'll ensure I'm using shade 002, as I think it suits my skin better:

 
 The Fine Print - one was a purchase, and one was in a goody bag at an event.  I no longer know which was which. Which is how it should be, if  you ask me.


This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

7 comments

  1. I bought one of these because I thought they would be comparable to the YSL ones and I def would say try the YSL ones! I like them better because the formula is a bit heavier but doesn't feel like it. It also highlights and conceals beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry, I'll be comparing the YSL to the Diro soon too!

      Delete
  2. Although I'm not a huge fan of pen highlighters I do like skinflash - i have shade two which i think is called candlelight. the consistency is nice and I used it for under eyes, on cheek / brow bones, around nose and on cupids bow
    amina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, love the Newman/Baddiel reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I had to re-read the post to get what you were talking about, I did that one totally unconsciously ...

      Delete
  4. i've never tried these as of yet, but defiantly agree 002 suites you much better x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried it but it looks great. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig