Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 28 November 2011

Chanel Ombre Essentielle - 417 Beige Lame


I admit, I wasn't all that taken with the Chanel Christmas collection this year, it just didn't speak to me.  But, I did have to pick up this eyeshadow single, when I was in Debenhams recently. Packaged with Chanel's usual attention to detail, the eyeshadow single comes in a little velvet pouch:



So, what colour is it?  Well, for all of you who think I live in taupe, I have a little surprise for you - this one is beige:



 So far, so dull.  What I like about Chanel though, is that their neutrals come with a bit of an edge, and this shade caught my eye in store because it's packed full of glorious - and beautiful - microglitter (cue terrible photos):





Somehow, I just can't capture the glory of this eyeshadow on camera, which is infuriating.  Whilst the colour isn't that unique, it's something I'll get a lot of use out of, as it's a great - slightly warm - beige shade, perfect for when you're getting ready in a rush.




Heree you can see it swatched dry on the right, and over primer on the right.


What have you picked up from the Christmas collections?

This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I'm not a huge fan of this I must admit. Give me a Chanel lippie any day of the week.

    But well done on capturing the sparkles. I can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely packaging on the Chanel product as always. Nice to have a sparkly beige, as I think the matte ones can be quite aging on my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm regretting not picking this up when it was first released, it's super pretty, and perfect round the clock! You made an excellent choice imo (for a neutral/beige it's a unique one)! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig