Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 5 September 2011

Tom Ford Lipstick - Scarlet Rouge and Indian Rose



I was accidentally at the brand new Tom Ford counter in Harrods on Saturday, and, after fighting my way through the hordes (seriously, it was three or four people deep there, if I hadn't already known what I wanted when I got there, I'd have just given up), I picked up a couple of the new lipsticks.   The new lipsticks are in brown packaging topped with a "TF", as opposed to the original white and gold topped with "Tom Ford":

Yours will come *without* the optional thumbprint. D'oh!
I've seen it look rather flat in a lot of photos, but there is actually a lovely hint of chatoyancy about the packaging, it rather looks like enamelling, also nice and expensive.  Size-wise and weight-wise, they're identical to the original Private Collection packaging. 

So, onto the shades I chose: Scarlet Rouge, which is, in case the name didn't give it away, a red.  Slightly orange in tone, it's on the warmer side for a Tom Ford red, and I also picked up Indian Pink, a rosy nude shade.  Somewhat similar to Pink Dusk, but it's very lovely.


Here's a selection of shots under various lighting conditions:




 
Scarlet Rouge is an opaque creme finish, and Indian Rose has a slight - very slight - microshimmer.

Tune in tomorrow for some swatches and comparisons with other shades in the range.  Oh, and I'll show you what else I bought from the range too ... 

Tom Ford Full Colour is currently available at Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols, the lipsticks cost £36. 

The Fine Print: Purchases.  Hard fought for, and won.  Dear Tom Ford, my bank manager hates you.

This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

6 comments

  1. Yup, £36. They've increased the price from £35 since they were launched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of Indian Rose. It's a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like MB- I love the look of Indian Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gulp! £36 and you bought two :-O
    The scarlet rouge is beaut!

    @KirstieThrelks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to mention the Christmas word but I do think one stunning piece of makeup is a far better present than a mismatch of bits and pieces beautywise, which may well cost around £36. I want to try the Scarlet Rouge, I am after a warmer red. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig