Beauty Without Fuss

Sunday 5 June 2011

Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow #8

Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows have been all over Twitter recently, and, as I've had mine for about three months now, I thought it was about time I actually reviewed it!

Not quite a cream, not quite a powder, but rather a hybrid mixture of them both, the Armani Eyes to Kill shadows are easy to use, last well, and are a pleasure to use.


I have shade 8, which I don't know the name of, but it's a grey-speckled champagne shade:





I find they work best if you apply with a finger tip - they do not get along with synthetic eye brushes at all, but if you must use a brush, make sure it's a natural hair brush.


They do give a heavy metallic finish when applied:




This amount on a finger tip applies like this:




Which is a cool, silvery-champagne shade, which works very well alone to brighten up eyes, and just give you a slightly-more-awake look when you can't be bothered with a more structured makeup look.


You can sheer them out, but you will need to work quickly, as the shadows set in about a minute or so:




The shadows last well - around 12 hours with minimal creasing, and I find that they also make quite a good base for more traditional powder shadows.  Mostly I use this alone with a hint of smudged eyeliner and LOTS of mascara for a very simple makeup look that takes seconds to pull together.


Armani Eyes to Kill shadows are available at Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Selfridges and will cost you around £25 each.  I'll be honest, I picked this shade because I found a lot of the others were far too sparkly for every day use, and at this price, I'd want to use it a lot!  The pot has been used two/three times a week for three months now, and shows barely any signs of wear, so I think, in the long run, it's worth the money.


However, I'll be showing you a cheap(er) alternative tomorrow ...

The Fine Print: I bought this from Harrods a couple of months ago - alongside a few other bits.  Further Disclosure:  Hands shown in this post do not belong to Get Lippie - a stunt swatching double has had to be enlisted.

This post originated at: http://getlippie.com All rights reserved.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Number 8 is called Champagne! I actually have this one too and I agree with you that the main reason I got it was because it is a wearable, good for everyday shade. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig