Beauty Without Fuss

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine: Shades 66, 61, 55 and 54



I've been waiting for these to be released for about six weeks now, so when I noticed they'd been released early - I thought they were out at the end of the month! - I had to snap up a couple. Or four...




The shades I picked were (l-r): 66 - Bel-Ami: a lightly bronzed brown; 61 - Bonheur: a sheer berry; 55 - Romance: bubblegum pink and 54 - Boy: a pale caramel nude. In the tubes these shades look vivid and full of pigment, but the full beauty of these sticks is revealed on swatching:




Lightly pigmented, glossy and sheer, these shades are essentially a shiny, cushioned, balm for your lips. Wear isn't, of course, as good as the original Rouge Coco shades, but dang, these do feel wonderful on your lips! Speaking of which, here ate the lip swatches:


66 Bel-Ami:




Not nearly as brown as it appears in the bullet, this is almost reddish on the lips, but is entirely office-appropriate.

61 Bonheur




Possibly my favourite of the four, this pinked-berry is glorious for giving you that "just-bitten" look.

55 Romance




Not nearly as fluoro in the flesh as it appears in this picture, this is an exceptionally pretty, cool bubblegum pink. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one looks with a tan!

54 Boy




My lips are quite pigmented, so much of the colour you're seeing here is not from the lipstick itself, which appears as the merest whisp of creamy beige on my lips. A good neutral for me, possibly, but maybe not a shade I'd consider re-purchasing.

Packaged in a thinner version of the Rouge Coco packaging, these look classy, and will be an asset to my makeup bag, owing to their moisturising properties, and I think they'll be perfect for summer wear.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shines are available now and cost £22.50 each.
Share:

15 comments

  1. Boy looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swatch for 54. As much as I love them, I need to get rid of the multitude of other lipsticks in my collection before I would allow myself to get a new one. Trying to be good here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Boy in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial. It looked great there but all of them look fab in your post. I think Bel Ami would be the one I would use the most. I like those reds that aren't quite red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! From these swatches, Bonheur looks like it would be my favourite, as well :o)

    The only catch? I'm not sure if I'd be able to stomach that price tag (especially not four times, lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romance is definitely on my must have list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you grabbed four >_< LOL...I like the #55 Romance ! But all of them look great on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really well timed as I thought about treating myself to one this afternoon. I was thinking of getting Boy but having seen your swatches I think I might be better with Bonheur. Thank you for the lip swatches!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of these. I absolutely adore the look of Bonheur, which I think I'm going to have to pick up in addition to Boy thanks to your swatches!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonheur and Romance look really nice! I didn't even think of looking at the Chanel counter in Selfridges yesterday, I'll have to check them out in Boots this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been waiting for these to come out for ages too, I've got some Boots points burning a hole in my pocket! These are the best swatches I've seen so far, they all look fab on you, I especially like Romance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh damn you, Lippie! I now want these! My bank card hates you now! LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well even if the colour hasn't come out quite right on the pic, i'm loving the look of Romance! Just can't resist bright pinks...and there's deinitely space for a sheerer version in my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I'm loving number 61 - Bonheur.. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig