Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Le Metier de Beaute - Turkish Smoke






I'm a big fan of Le Metier de Beaute, I think every product I've tried from them this year has been a winner, with the exception of one lipgloss I was given for my birthday (and that's only because it gave me concealer lips, which is merely a problem of faulty shade selection rather than anything else) so when I was given this lipgloss at a makeover recently, I was delighted.

Then I swatched it and started to worry:


It's a very dark browned-purple with some gorgeous gold and red shimmer particles. I was a bit worried, as I'm better wearing bright shades rather than dark shades on my lips these days.  It swatched very opaquely (which was nice, even though this was billed as a "sheer" lipgloss), but still, I worried it would be unwearable.

On my lips:


On my lips, it actually applies a lot more sheerly, and you just end up with a lovely glossy berry-coloured stain.  The gloss lasts averagely, but I do find that the Le Metier formula is a very moisturising one, if a little stickier than a balm.  I like it a lot!

Le Metier products are now available exclusively from Selfridges (and I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am that the counter has disappeared from Liberty!) and the sheer lipgloss costs £20.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I really like this lipgloss too. Like you I was a bit concerned at first but I'm glad I gave it a shot. It's a really nice way to wear a dark lip for me.

    What a shame the counter has gone from Liberty. I did spot *the* folder at Selfridges. I don't think I will ever forget that moment in Liberty's!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. I wish it came in a solid lip stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Color, looks like Chanel's #102 Levres Schilliantes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig