Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 18 November 2010

Browhaus

I am genetically incapable of plucking my own eyebrows, I make a mess of it leaving them uneven and prone to bald spots.  Add in my general poor eyesight, and the fact that I'm a total cack handed muppet anyway, and it's mainly just a recipe for disaster, so I just pay someone to do it for me.  I can't leave them to their own devices, as then I would look like this:



For the last few years, I've been a regular at Malika in Westfield, as I've found that in there it doesn't matter who you see, you always get a damn good threading.  I do not, under any circumstances, ever get my brows waxed anymore after being left once with the most surprised expression in the world for several months after a therapist got a bit over-excited with the spatula!

Last week, however, I was invited to pop along to Browhaus for a complimentary threading (and a bit of a tweeze) in their newly opened premises at Floral Street in Covent Garden, and, I have to say that I was very, very impressed.  Housed in the same building as the Ministry of Waxing, the entire complex is devoted to depilation of every kind, and they do it very, very well. 

My therapist, Ellie, was very friendly, and very obviously knew precisely what she was doing, and I'm happy to report that it was the most pain-free threading I've ever had.  Whilst the girls as Malika also know what they are doing, they can be a little ... erm ... brusque in style, bless 'em!  I also loved the heated chairs, which were perfect for falling asleep in.  Well, they would have been had someone not been, you know, ripping tiny hairs out of my face ...

Browhaus also had some great offers on, normally a brow-threading will cost you £15, but if you buy ten (and I'm tempted, believe you me) it will only cost you £100 - which you can pay in two instalments - and you can just pop in for shapings as and when you like.  They also do lash extensions, which I'm also really, really interested in.  I love my new eyebrow shape, which is a little rounder and softer than what I'm used to from Malika, and I'll definitely be back, especially as it's just on my (work) doorstep.

Thank you Browhaus!  Just wish you didn't have the visual cliff on the way in, it's an horrific entrance for vertigo sufferers!
Share:

6 comments

  1. I had my brows threaded for the first time right before Halloween.
    I loved it! They were a bit thinner than I normally like, but I couldn't believe how lovely they were.
    I'm going back before the holidays to get them done again in time for the Festivities.
    It's an easily inexpensive beauty treatment that won't break your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find brow threading really satisfying. It feels like I'm having my face flossed.

    Sounds like a good place to have it done, must check it out when I'm next in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats expensive, lol. I only pay £3.00 and the lady who does it makes them look AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. £3?! Blimey, do you live in 1995?!

    I've got an appointment at Browhaus booked in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup i really do pay £3.00 for my eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harpreet - spill!! Where do you get your brows done?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig