Beauty Without Fuss

Wednesday 15 September 2010

In a rush!

I mentioned yesterday that I'm lazy, and I'd rather spend an extra minute or two in bed than spend time using two products when I can use only one.  So I thought I'd tell you my favourite "two minute face" products.

For my base, I'd use Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturising Balm, it has SPF 25, and works well for evening out skintone (taking the place of foundation) and also works exceptionally well as a moisturiser in it's own right.  This, essentially, takes the place of three products!

Eyeshadow, probably something taupe (the one above is Chanel's taupe grise, not, strictly, a taupe, but lovely nonetheless).  Taupe because it goes with everything, suits almost everyone, and it's hugely versatile.  I'll either pat a darker taupe into the crease, or a lighter one all over the mobile lid.


Trish McEvoy High Impact Mascara in Jet Black.  I love this stuff, it doesn't budge throughout the day, and I find that it volumises my lashes to the extent that I can go without liner (normally a total no-no chez Lippie) once in a while.




For my cheeks, I'd either use Daniel Sandler's Watercolour Blush in Cherub (a pale rosy pink) or, if I want a little more colour, I'd use





Edward Bess Cream Rouge in Island Rose.  Both of these are ideal for adding a little fresh colour to my pale and sallow mug in the mornings, and they're both a real pleasure to use, too.

As for my lips, I'd cheat and use either of the blush shades on my lips.  Four products, two minutes and groomed perfection.  In my dreams!

What's your two-minute routine?
Share:

8 comments

  1. I've heard some really mixed reviews about the Daniel Sandler - what do you think of it? Do you apply it with the specific brush he sells for it? Would love to hear your thoughts because I've been in 2 minds about whether to try it!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always found the BB balm a bit shiney for me, love the idea and the feel, but just too much for my skin. For me if it is 2 mins only, any sort of base (atm NARS Sheer Glow which I sneaked a sample of - didn't nick just provided them with a pot!) and Shu Uemura eye brown in Seal Brown. You dark haired beauties don't know you're born with your naturally dark brows...thanks for the post Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    Some really different products- i'll definately check them out!

    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Daniel Sandler blush looks gorgeous :-)

    www.beautyandtheblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! My face in a hurry is quite similar. Taupe eyeshadow definitely and Edward Bess compact rouge in After Sunset. I have Hourglass Film Noir mascara and I'm loving that at the moment. I try to add liner whenever I can though it is more time consuming. My fastest to apply is a L'Oreal liquid pen type thing (wonderful description I know!). Lips, I'll generally stick on anything to hand. Usually one if my trillions of mid-tone pinks but if the mood takes it might be darker like EB Night Romance.

    I love the look of that Daniel Sandler blush by the way!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, thanks for sharing xxx
    www.fashionbirdcage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post! :) I'm so slow when it comes to makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Bobby Brown balm. It also smelly bloomin' lovely! Really like your blog (I'm a first-time visitor). Also, very jealous of your new shower! xxx
    www.curveinthemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig