Beauty Without Fuss

Sunday 2 May 2010

Makeover: Laura

Laura got married yesterday, but way back in February she asked me for some ideas for her wedding makeover.  Here's what we came up with.

Please welcome Laura:


Laura was a little too young to remember Prisoner Cell Block H, hence the rather cheery "before" pic this week.  As always we start with the foundation.  Laura is very pale (and yet had been recently colour "matched" as an NC30 by a MAC assistant who obviously needs their eyes testing, and possibly a change of career), we decided to use Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in 51 Light Vanilla instead, which is a great demi-matte foundation which lasts a whole day, and leaves a healthy glow:


This gave us a great canvas to work from, and we decided to concentrate on the eyes.  In order to make whatever we applied last for the whole day, I used Benefit Creaseless Cream in RSVP as the base for the colour.  A lovely shimmering champagne shade, this does NOT budge, and is great for wedding makeups.


I then went on and added a little Bobbi Brown colours from the chocolate palette to define the eye (this palette doesn't suit me at all, but it's stunningly versatile on other people, I've found):







I lined the eyes - very lightly - with the same shade, and then added Bourjois Ultra Care mascara to define those pretty lashes:


To add some colour, and a little bridal glow, we brushed a little of the deepest shade of Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Natural on the cheekbones, then used the lightest shades to highlight:


All that is missing now is a touch of lipgloss.  We used Bobbi Brown in Rose Sugar, and the look was complete, here's the blushing bride!






And here's the before'n'after:



I hope everything went well yesterday for you Laura, and I wish you and Kris every happiness in your new life together!
Share:

3 comments

  1. Aww she looks so pretty and you did an awesome job :) You are so correct about some MAC MA's. I am a NC30 and they matched me as a NC42! I looked so bronze when I came home lol. I never trust Mac MA's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she's so pretty! Looks really fresh and light, great choices of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The lipgloss brings out her eyes wonderfully. For the big day, you could perhaps add some brow powder but I think it looks great without too.

    *disapproving frown* @ MAC assistant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig