Beauty Without Fuss

Sunday 7 March 2010

Makeover: Isobel

Another very quick makeover this week, featuring the lovely Isobel, who came to visit Chez Lippie recently.
Meet Isobel:
Isobel 1
Isobel wanted a very simple evening look.  One that looked polished, and elegant, but that wasn’t too dramatic.  We had a chat about colours, and discovered that muddy purples were the order of the day.
As ever, we start with the base.  Now, Isobel is 60 years old, and has skin that many a thirty- or forty-something would envy, barely any pores, and very minimal lines, I was in awe!  With this in mind, we used a very, very light base of Benefit You Rebel in Lite:
Isobel 2Then, onto the eyes.  We wanted to make them the focus of the look, so we picked out a Laura Mercier eyeshadow (one of my own personal favourites) in Twilight, and used that all around the eyes:
Isobel 3 I also used the same shade as a liner – applied with a liner brush – and followed this with a touch of Bourjois Ultra care mascara in black:

Isobel 4
To highlight those lovely cheekbones, I used Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips as both a blush and a highlight.  I love these US-only versions of Bobbi Brown’s shimmer bricks, the quality is astonishing for a “drugstore” product, and they’re very flattering.
Isobel 6
I added a touch of lipstick (sorry, very, very sorry, I can’t remember which one) and used MAC Behold eyeshadow to darken Isobel’s eyebrows a touch, for added definition.
Here’s the before and after:
Isobel before after
Apologies – as always – for the terrible photographs in this makeover, this was a nighttime makeover, and we struggled with the lighting.
Thank you, Isobel for taking part, it was great fun, and I really hope you enjoyed your new look!
Share:

3 comments

  1. awww she looks lovely! I loved doing makeovers at No.7, I always used to use the No.7 tinted moisturiser as a base rather then a foundation as it makes more mature skin more radiant and glowy. I also used to line the eyes with a mid-brown shadow rather then liner as again it gave a more soft effect. I want to do makeovers again!!!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the McTofu mum looks lovely, hoping to re-create the look for her for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see a makeover for the more mature lady. Isobel looks lovely, very fresh faced. She does have wonderful skin, what's her secret?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig