Beauty Without Fuss

Friday 19 March 2010

Chanel Coco Rouge Swatches






I make no apologies whatsoever for featuring Chanel's latest lipstick offerings once again. Beyond gorgeous formulations, pigmented, light and beautifully moisturising, they're everything YSL Rouge Voluptes should be, but aren't (I'll give you my thoughts on those another time).



Since I unexpectedly picked up Cambon way back in January, I've since been out and bought two more, Mademoiselle, and Rouge Orage.  Cambon is a bright - BRIGHT! - hot pink, which leans towards orange, Mademoiselle is a lovely nude rose, and Rouge Orage is a soft blood-red.  I find the colours last three to four hours before they need a touch up.  There is a hint of the classic Chanel lipstick scent (which I happen to adore, but I know some people have a problem with scents), and they cover the lips perfectly in one swipe.

On the lips, Cambon:


Last time I swatched this, the pictures made it look rather too scarlet.  This is a much better representation of the colour, a hot, hot pink, with no real blue undertones.  A happy-making colour.

Mademoiselle:


This is the signature shade of the range, and possibly rightfully so.  I've seen a lot of swatches of this recently, and I think it's a very nice neutral, goes-with-anything colour and it seems to suit most people, though I've noticed it can look a fair bit redder on people with a lot of pink in their skin.  My hands are pinker than my face, and I've noticed the hand swatch is redder than the lip swatch as a result.  On my lips, however, it's a wonderful nude-shade.





I love this colour!  Haven't seem this one getting too much attention lately, but when I went on a mad swatching-frenzy in my local Debenhams recently (seriously, I got through a box of kleenex and half a bottle of their makeup remover, they hate me in there), this shade just called out to me.  It's a warm, but not too orange red, that's quite suitable for daytime wear.  It doesn't, in all honesty, look like anything out of the ordinary in the tube, dare I say it even looks a bit dull? But put this on skin, and it's beautiful.  It might just be my new favourite red, as it very wearable, and not too garish. Not as scary as it might look in the tube, well, I think so anyway.

Will you be trying any of the Rouge Cocos?  What's your favourite shade? Rouge Cocos are widely available now, and cost £21.
Share:

15 comments

  1. I too love that Rouge Orage one. It looks gorgeous on

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I want all 3 which is a bit of a problem. Hmm, maybe I'll just get Cambon, or Rogue Orage or Mademoiselle. Maybe someone should keep my cards while I decide...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mademoiselle just might be my HG lipstick! I love it that much. I just got Cambon and also LOVE it. Now I am going to go back and check out the third one you got. I wish I could them all! Love these lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Chanel lipstick is on my list of "things to buy when I get paid". I just need to decide the shade, I like the look of Mademoiselle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review! i love the Rouge Orage on you. and the mademoiselle is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want one of these but i cant decide which one. mademoiselle seems to look far nicer on the lips than it does in swatches.
    Amina
    http://aminasbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have to check these out.. I'm still looking for my perfect red lip color!
    I gave you an award on my blog, please check it out :D
    http://lilbiuty.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cambon looks like a pink I could definitely wear. These are very pricey though aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been put off these by the price, but i think i might have to go and have a little swatching trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would love to be able to wear a colour like cambon but alas i actually think it might be too bright for me to wear. random i know. loving the other two though...great review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK - just got Rouge Orage -- amazing!! Thanks for the recco - it is a gorgeous gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been trying to buy mademoiselle since the Ad campaign but it seems to have sold out everywhere...any ideas where I can get my hands on one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought the Rouge Orage two evenings ago.
    I had been just going to look (or so I told myself) but I had a feeling I should just go for it and buy it. I was wondering if it was too bright for me, but I got smiles from several men, plus my hairdresser commented that it was the perfect color for me when she saw me!
    I'm in love! Now I want to buy the Mademoiselle, too.
    Darn you, Chanel, for making me spend all my money! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rouge Orage is my favorite lippie and it's been discontinued. Can you recommend a color that is a close match?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig