Beauty Without Fuss

Thursday 25 February 2010

Nail of the Day – LA Colour Antique Burgundy

LA Colour Antique Burgundy

While I was sorting out my nail polish drawer the other day, searching for a perfect red after the Crimsun debacle of last week, I pulled out all my Chanel reds – truly, I believe Chanel do the best reds, in either lipstick or polish – but this little beauty caught my eye.

And I use the word beauty advisedly, as I LOVE this shade, it’s a red jelly finish with just a teeny hint of gold shimmer, making it look like a really expensive metallic car paint job on the nails.

LA Colour Antique Burgundy 2

Neither of the pictures really do it justice, I’m afraid. They show three coats over a Mavala base, with a Seche Vite top coat. It’s a pure, clear red that doesn’t shade either pink or orange, and there’s no hint of blue in it.  I think it’s about the nicest, prettiest red I own, and it’s one I think really suits the skin-tone on my fingers.

Oh, the best thing about this polish?  It  cost me 99p. Now, when you bear in mind that I’m happy to pay £11 for a polish, and indeed, I’ve paid £16 for polishes before now, I think you can understand how happy this little baby has made me!  I got mine from Beauty Base in Westfield, but I think you can find LA Colours at places like Savers.

My nail drawer now looks like this by the way, whaddya think?

IMG_0408

Share:

7 comments

  1. Pretty colour and pretty price :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa, My lipstick drawer looks like that!

    My favorite red is actually by Sally Hansen in Cinnamon Pop. I love it for the holidays. A nice cherry red with a delicate hint of silverish glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, how sexy is that! wow wow and wow again!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks v.similar to a MAC shade I got bought for Christmas. Think it's called rock star. Dyes my bloody nails though. Guess that's what 'base coat' is for? *stares blankly* I just bought a Sally Hansen one actually. I'm learning, kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nail varnish stash drawer is starting to look like your lipgloss mountain ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow that's a lot of nail varnish. Impressive collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig